At MySpeaker we are committed to ensuring that when you use our services or enter into a business relationship with us, your personal data is processed carefully in accordance with applicable data protection legislation. We take responsibility for the personal data we collect about you, and we aim to be transparent about how we handle it, and give you control over it.
- Data controller and contact details
Controller: MySpeaker Oy
Business ID: 2907553-2
Address: Vuoritontuntie 22, 02200 Espoo
Email: [email protected]
- Types of personal data we process
We process the following categories of personal data:
- Customer information: We process personal data related to our current and potential customers’ contact persons, such as name, title, email address, phone number, address and information related to the company the person is representing, such as company name, company business ID number, contact details and invoicing information. We receive information related to our customers directly from you or the company you represent. Personal data related to potential customers may be gathered from company websites, LinkedIn and other publicly available sources.
- User information: We process login details, such as email address and password, of users of our services, such as MySpeaker Rhetorich. We may also process videos uploaded in the service to develop our AI technology further. We receive this information directly from you when you register or use to the service.
- Business partner information: We process personal data related to the contact persons of our business partners, such as subcontractors, service providers and freelancers. Personal data may include name, title, email address, phone number, address and information related to the company the person is representing, such as company name, company business ID number, contact details and invoicing or payment information. We receive this information directly from you or the company you represent.
- Information given through forms: We may collect personal data, such as your name, email address, title and company name when you are completing a form on our website, such as contact, event registration or newsletter subscription forms.
- Automatically collected information: We automatically collect information on how you use MySpeaker’s website (e.g. the duration and time of the visit, statistics around email opening and clicks). In addition, we collect technical information on your device (including but not limited to IP-address, location, browser, operator and operating system). Information is automatically generated in service logs or collected via cookies.
You are not obliged to disclose any information mentioned or referred to at MySpeaker webpage, but a failure to provide certain personal data may cause the service provided by us to be partly unavailable or inadequate.
- The purpose of use and legal basis of processing
Personal data is used for the following purposes:
- to offer our services, such as organise trainings and events;
- to provide access to our services, such as MySpeaker Rhetorich;
- to manage the relationship with you or the company you represent, including managing orders, invoicing or making payments, communication;
- to send information or marketing communication, by email or other means, which we think may be of interest to you;
- to improve your browsing experience;
- to customize advertisements;
- to develop our business operations and our AI technology; and
- to ensure data security.
Processing of personal data is based on:
- contract (e.g. managing a contract made directly with the data subject)
- consent (e.g. newsletters, settings cookies which are not strictly necessary)
- legitimate interest (e.g. access provision, marketing, business and AI technology development, data security, fulfilling or negotiating a contract with the company you represent)
- legal obligation (e.g. accounting obligations or other legal obligations stemming from applicable legislation)
Given the categories of data subjects, the types of data, the nature of processing and the choices available to your, we have assessed that your interests or fundamental rights or freedoms do not override the legitimate interest described above. You can, however, object processing based on legitimate interest at any time as described below.
We carry out profiling, e.g. to give you feedback as a speaker when you use MySpeaker Rhetorich service, to customise advertisements or newsletter content. We do not, however, make any automated decisions solely on automatic means which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
- Data retention
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. You may request erasure of your data as mentioned below in “Your rights”.
- Your rights
- Right of access, rectification and erasure. You have the right to request access to your personal data we process. At your request we will also rectify any inaccurate, incomplete or outdated personal data relating to you. You also have the right to request your personal data to be erased (right to be forgotten) in accordance with applicable law.
- Right to object to direct marketing (including related profiling). In case you do not want to receive further marketing or other updates from us or wish to opt-out of profiling we do in order to offer you tailored marketing, you have the right to object to processing of your personal data for those purposes. Should you use your right to object, you will no longer receive direct marketing from us. You can use your right to object either by contacting us or through the unsubscribe link on electronic messages we send you.
- Right to object to data processing and right of restriction. You have the right to object to processing we carry out based on legitimate interest on grounds relating to your particular situation, unless we have compelling legitimate interests for the processing which override those interests. You also have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data, for example, in case you object to processing as described above or contest the accuracy of your personal data.
- Withdrawal of consent. You may withdraw consent you have given at any time by contacting us. Please note that withdrawing your consent does not affect the legality of the processing we have carried out prior to withdrawal.
- Data portability. You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller when we process your data automatically on the basis of contract or your consent.
Email or post your request to the address stated above in “Data controller and contact details”. Please note that we ask you to verify your identity when using your rights.
- Data security
The personal data we process will be kept confidential. We have employed necessary technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal data against unlawful or unauthorised access, disclosure, loss and other unauthorised processing. These measures include, for example, use of firewalls, encryption technologies and secure facilities, appropriate access control, controlled grant of access rights and supervision of use of systems and properly instructing our personnel participating in the processing of personal data.
- Disclosure and transfer of personal data
MySpeaker may disclose your personal data to third parties in the following circumstances:
- We may disclose personal data to authorities when we have a legal obligation to do so under applicable law.
- Based on your consent we may disclose your personal data within the limits of the specific consent you have given.
- We may disclose personal data to our partners, such as trainers and coaches, we organise events with.
- Business transactions. We may disclose your personal data in connection with a business transaction (such as a transfer of undertaking) to the other party/parties of the transaction, if and to the extent necessary.
- Our legitimate interests. We may disclose your personal data if it is necessary in order to protect or defend our legitimate rights and interests, or those of our other customers, employees, directors or shareholders, and/or to ensure the safety and security of our services.
The processing of personal data can be outsourced to a third party which process personal data on MySpeaker’s behalf and under our instructions. We guarantee by contractual arrangements that personal data is processed in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
Personal data may only be transferred outside the territory of the Member States of the European Union or to the European Economic Area if the country concerned provides sufficient level of data protection and there are other applicable safeguards in place, such as Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission.
A “cookie” is a small data file containing a string of characters that is sent to your device when you visit a website. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognise your browser. A cookie does not harm your device, and we do not get any information that is directly related to you (such as your name or email address) merely through cookies.
The duration of how long a cookie will stay on your device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing. Persistent cookies stay on your device until they expire or until you delete them.
The following categories of cookies are in use:
- Necessary cookies are essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities of the website. These cookies do not store any data that could be used to identify you personally.
- Functional cookies help to store user preferences, like the language of the website or the location of the visitor and perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
- Analytics cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate and traffic source.
- Advertising cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads.
You have the following choices regarding cookies:
- Browser settings: Most web browsers allow you to control and block cookies through their settings. Please note that if you limit the ability of our website to set cookies or block them entirely, the entire contents of our website may not be available and some of the features might not function properly.
Please note that if you make choices via the above links, the choices will be cleared if you delete cookies from your browser. The choices you make are browser-specific, so if you use multiple browsers, please make sure that you make the choices you want on each browser separately.